Burnet Child Support Lawyer
Calculating Child Support in Texas
One of the most difficult issues that parents have to deal with during
divorce proceedings is child support payments. While some divorces are
rather amicable and these decisions can be reached through mediation and
mutual agreement, others are a messy situation that turn into a battle
over financial matters. The child support rules in Texas are relatively
easy to follow, and payments can be calculated using a mathematical process.
At the Law Office of Russ Alan Baker, PLLC, our Burnet child support attorney
has extensive experience in helping clients receive the fair amount of
compensation that they require to support their children. With every situation
being unique, our goal is to ensure that payments are calculated fairly
and accurately, and your rights are protected.
The following are the standard guidelines that the court implements for
- 20% of net resources for one child
- 25% of net resources for two children
- 30% of net resources for three children
- 35% of net resources for four children
- 40% of net resources for five children
- Not less than 40% of net resources for six or more children
Some of the factors that a family law court can use to deviate from the
normal child support guidelines include:
- The age of the child
- Special needs and expenses for the child
- Income, assets, or resources of the parent
- Child care expenses
- Medical expenses
- Educational expenses
- Debt or other financial obligations of parents
- Lease, mortgage, or automobile payments
Tell us about your specific situation in a free case evaluation!
Helping You Effectively Navigate the System
Whether you are calculating child support payments for the first time and
want to do so accurately, need to resolve a contentious child support
legal issue, make a modification to current payments, or anything in between,
we can help. Our Burnet family lawyer is able to help you navigate the
system, answer any questions you may have, and work to overcome any obstacles
that stand in the way.
now at (325) 939-8689 and schedule your free consultation!