Address609 W. Young St. #2, Llano, TX 78643

AddressBurnet - By Appointment Only


Llano County Grandparents' Rights Attorney

Brown County CPS and grandparents' rights lawyer

Lawyer for Grandparents and Family Members in Child Protective Services Cases in Llano, Bertram, and Blanco

There are multiple types of situations where Child Protective Services (CPS) may investigate a family to ensure that children are safe from harm. If a CPS investigation determines that there is reason to believe that a child has experienced neglect or abuse, officials may take action to remove children from their parent's home and place them in a safe environment. In these cases, grandparents or other family members may be able to step in and assume care for the children, ensuring that children will be able to stay with people they know and trust.

Grandparents who are looking to protect their rights and provide care for their grandchildren in CPS cases will need to work with a family law attorney who has experience handling these matters. The Law Office of Russ Alan Baker, PLLC provides dedicated legal help in these situations, ensuring that grandparents take the right steps to resolve any issues that may arise and meet all of the requirements put in place by CPS. With more than 16 years of legal experience, Attorney Russ Baker can provide families with effective representation and help them find solutions that will protect children's best interests.

Options for Grandparents in CPS Cases

Grandparents may take a different approach to CPS matters depending on whether they wish to provide temporary care for their grandchildren or assume permanent custody. If grandparents are planning to maintain a good relationship with their grandchildren's parent and help them regain full custody of their children, they may ask for a Temporary Authorization for Care of Minor Child. This type of custody will be available if a grandchild has been living with a grandparent for at least 30 days, and the parent who has primary custody of the child has no objections to granting temporary custody to the grandparent. A grandparent with temporary custody will be allowed to make important decisions for the child, such as where they will attend school, the medical treatment they will receive, and the activities they will participate in. A grandparent can also provide any other forms of care that are necessary, and they may apply for public benefits on behalf of the child.

If grandparents wish to obtain permanent custody of their grandchildren, they will need to take steps to terminate the parental rights of one or both of the children's parents. These types of requests will only be granted if a court determines that doing so would be in the children's best interests. For example, termination of parental rights may be appropriate if a parent is incarcerated, if they have abandoned their child, or if they have committed acts of child abuse or neglect. In addition to the termination of parental rights, grandparents will need to request to be named as the managing conservator of their grandchildren. This will give them the permanent right and responsibility to make decisions about how the children will be raised, ensuring that they will be able to provide ongoing care and address the children's needs until they reach adulthood.

Contact Our Johnson City CPS Attorney for Grandparents' Rights

Cases involving Child Protective Services can be complicated, and grandparents or other family members may need to meet multiple requirements to ensure that they can provide for children's best interests. The Law Office of Russ Alan Baker, PLLC can provide representation for grandparents in these situations, ensuring that they will be able to care for their grandchildren and maintain important family relationships. To arrange a consultation and get legal help with your family law case, contact our office at 325-216-2006. We assist with CPS cases in Fredericksburg, Burnet, Mason County, Llano, Burnet County, Gillespie County, San Saba County, Blanco, Blanco County, Brown County, Bertram, Johnson City, San Saba, Lampasas County, Llano County, Marble Falls, Mills County, and throughout Central Texas.

Back to Top