Address609 W. Young St. #2, Llano, TX 78643

AddressBurnet - By Appointment Only


Llano Child Protective Services Lawyer

Mason, TX CPS investigation lawyer

Family Law Attorney for CPS Cases Involving Child Custody in Llano County, Burnet County, Blanco County, San Saba County, Texas

As a parent, one of the worst situations you can face is the accusation that you have committed acts of child abuse or have otherwise acted in a way that has endangered your child. In these cases, Child Protective Services (CPS) may perform an investigation based on reports of suspected child abuse or neglect, and depending on the results of an investigation, the agency may take action to restrict your child custody rights or remove your children from your home. You will want to do everything you can to avoid the loss of your parental rights or any other disruptions to your family relationships. By working with an attorney who is experienced in handling CPS cases, you can determine the best course of action to take.

At the Law Office of Russ Alan Baker, PLLC, we help our clients address a wide variety of family law issues, including assisting with matters involving Child Protective Services and resolving matters that may affect parents' custody of their children. Attorney Baker has over 16 years of legal experience, and in addition to representing clients in family law cases, he assists with criminal defense, including cases involving accusations or charges of domestic violence. With his strong knowledge of the laws in Texas and his experience as a litigator, he can aggressively advocate for your rights and help you resolve your case successfully.

Representation During CPS Investigations and Court Cases

If CPS receives a report that a child may have been subject to abuse or neglect in their home, it will usually initiate an investigation. An investigator may interview parents, children, and any other involved parties, visit a family's home to determine whether children are living in a safe environment, obtain relevant records from children's schools or doctors, and review police reports related to incidents of alleged domestic violence or abuse. At the conclusion of the investigation, CPS will determine whether there is sufficient reason to believe that a child has been abused or neglected.

Depending on the disposition of a case, CPS may take action to remove a child from their parents' home and place the child in the care of foster parents or other family members, such as grandparents. Other types of restrictions may also be put in place, such as prohibiting a parent from attending certain types of child-related activities or requiring them to have supervision present when they spend time with their child.

Parents can protect their rights and determine their best options by contacting an attorney as soon as they become aware of a CPS investigation. A lawyer can advise parents of what information they should provide to CPS, whether they should allow a CPS investigator to enter their home, when CPS personnel can interview children, and what they can do to demonstrate that their children are not at risk of harm. By acting quickly, parents may be able to address these matters before CPS files a case in court. If court proceedings are necessary, an attorney can provide parents with representation, advocating for their rights and helping them meet any requirements to ensure that they will be able to raise their children in a safe and healthy environment.

Contact Our Marble Falls CPS Attorney

If you need to address matters related to CPS, allegations of child abuse, or issues that could affect your child custody rights, the Law Office of Russ Alan Baker, PLLC can provide you with legal help and representation. We will advise you on the steps you can take to resolve these issues effectively, and we will fight to help you protect your parental rights. Contact us at 325-216-2006 to set up a consultation. We assist with family law matters in Llano, Llano County, Marble Falls, Fredericksburg, Kingsland, Mason, Castell, Johnson City, Cherokee, Burnet, Burnet County, Mason County, San Saba County, Blanco County, Gillespie County, and throughout Central Texas.

Back to Top